Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Summer Blogging Challenge- Catch Up - Part Deux.

So, I am doing the Summer Blogging Challenge! 


Day 5- Short term goals for this month.

Well, as this is almost the end of the month, let's start with next month. 

I'd like to: 
1. Make an appointment with a Lactation Consultant about my very low milk supply. 
2. Have Sullivan checked for tongue/lip tie. 
3. Successfully explain to someone the awesomeness of cloth diapers.
4. Keep the apartment clean! It's kinda hard with a newborn, but I'm getting more used to wearing him, it should help a bit! 


Questions? 

Day 6- Nicknames & Why You Have Them:

I have a couple nicknames. 

Rin- Given to me by one of my best friends, Corinne. Her nickname is also "Rin", simply a shortened version of both of our names. I actually really like it. Especially in high school when there were several other "Aaron/Erin" sounding names. 



And Jinx. A shortened version of my WoW character name. My Priestess was my WoW character for quite a long time, until I finally gave up on having a computer and internet good enough to play it at the same time. 


So there. 

Day 7: Something That Makes Me Happy.

My Family. Cheesy, but true! I love these boys! Does this really even need an explanation? 


Day 8: Favorite Guilty Pleasure. 
Let's see. Lately, my favorite guilty pleasure is cloth diapering. And really, it's not that guilty. 

I mostly feel guilty for parading it around. It makes me proud. I love it. As I said in one of my previous blogs, I really am a  supporter for anything that's going to prolong the earth's life. I feel like it's really not that much more difficult than disposables, and the money you save more than makes up for the work you have to do cleaning them. My favorite thing lately is taking a look at diapers made by WAHM's (Work at Home Moms) and planning out ways to make our own, just for fun. The accessories are fun too, a travel changing pad, and a changing pad cover are on my list of things to try my hand at making. It's really an addiction.

Second Guilty Pleasure: Babywearing.
I know, I know. I'm totally one of "those" moms. But there are benefits of babywearing, other than showing off your awesome baby.  I admit, this is one of my favorite parts of babywearing. I -LOVE- showing him off. Babies love to be close to mom and dad. Babywearing totally allows you to keep them close, but lets you do what needs to be done. It calms them down, and you can be much more in tune with their needs this way, eliminating the need to cry almost entirely. Babies cry as a last resort, so if they're on you, it's easier to recognize the signs of  whatever is going on and fix it before they start to cry. Another awesome benefit of wearing your children is that when they're itty bitty like mine is, it stops people from touching them. Especially before you vaccinate (if you choose to do so), you don't want them exposed to dangerous contagious illnesses-- like Pertussis (whooping cough). It's not fool proof, but definitely helps! 


Disregard the cliche bathroom photo, including a toilet. Especially disregard the toilet. 


Day 9: Worst Cooking Disaster

It involved Southern Comfort and an upside down pizza on the oven element. Let's leave it at that. 

It sort of looked like this. Well, I imagine it did. We were a little bit tipped.


Day 10: Cost Aside, What Piece of Famous Art Would You Have in Your Home?

I actually like local artists and like to purchase their work and support them. My friend Shannon has some really awesome art/photography that I'd like to purchase sometime! :)  Click on her name to check out her stuff! Her photos are amazing! She also paints and draws. <3

Anyhow... That's enough for today. It's taken me several hours just to get this done! 

No comments:

Post a Comment