Monday, September 24, 2012

I kinda suck at this whole blogging thing.

So, yes. I suck at this! I keep saying "Oh, I'll do that later!" And never get around to it! Whoever says being a Stay At Home Mom is easy can bite me. Seriously.

Ok, so taking a page from a friend's book, I'm going to make a more dedicated effort to blog about S's escapades instead of flooding Facebook with all sorts of random posts. Wish me luck! I may forget about this by next week.

So, for those of you who DON'T keep constant tabs on Sullivan--  We're teething. Pretty hardcore. We're expecting him to actually cut one any day now. It's been almost every day for about a week now. His gums are uber sensitive. It's made for some LONG days.

Our week in review:

Normally we have a sunday "family" day and family and friends gather over at my soon-to-be mother in law's and hang out. We cook food, sip some wine (or beer for the dudes) and just overall have a good time. The past few weeks have been crazy busy for ALL of us, so we haven't been able to get together. Sullivan has missed his Grammy. Grammy has missed Sullivan. And let's face it, even loving caring parents need a few moments to themselves-- which we have definitely missed!

Last weekend was my cousin Ashley's baby shower! Unable to buy her much of anything, I gathered all of Sullivan's outgrown things and sifted through the ones we wanted to keep and saved the rest for her new baby-- Jaiden! There was A LOT of stuff. We went over to her Erika's and a few other family members were there too! It was fun to visit! I always feel great about passing items we were gifted forward because we are truly grateful for all the items we were gifted! Even if we were too lazy to send out thank you cards, we APPRECIATED everything and used everything we were gifted!

It's been a hard couple of weeks for poor Sullivan. Teething is terribad! He's in what some have called "Stage One" teething. Blargh. I've found that Hyland's makes a decent teething gel, but Punkin Butt makes an AMAZING all natural teething oil. Just a teeny bit of it goes a LONG way! That's definitely made our lives a little easier!

With the onset of fall, we haven't been going and doing so many things. A lot of our mommy/baby friends (and family!) have had a lot of interfering plans. We did manage to go hang out with several other moms and babies at the local coffee house Latte Play-- A family friendly establishment!

Pat's band Light's Demise has been rockin' the barn! They're in the midst of recording a few tracks for a demo cd and will be working on some shows soon! So stay tuned to their facebook page for upcoming events!

Other than that, time seems to just be flying by! Sullivan will be 5 months old by the end of this week. It's astounding. It seems like he should be older and younger all at the same time. But, I can honestly say, we are one happy family!

I also apologize to anyone who tries to get a hold of us. I'm not the greatest about returning calls and e-mails! Even worse now that S is getting mobile!

In exchange for your patience and forgiveness-- here is a video. It's super adorable!

Love you guys!


No comments:

Post a Comment